The union of handicrafts cooperatives of Fars province at a glance
The union of Handicrafts Cooperatives of Fars province is Managed by hosein hemati and aimed to support artisans and artists, create a well-organized and efficient cooperation of various crafts, preserve and develope traditional art and current crafts, attempt to revive abolished and under abolishing fields and providing sufficient marketing for artisans based on 44th principle of constitution in 1383.
This union that started its work with only 9 Co-Ops, now involves 70 Co-Ops which has been appointed about 1000 persons on their own work directly or indirectly.
As believed to have more efficiency, NGOs and Co-Ops should work with government; therefore, in order to support artists and such purposes, there is a deep connection between the union and other governmental apparatus.
By creating an purposeful organization chart such as general assembly, board of directors and CEO, The union of handicrafts cooperatives of Fars province proceeded to apply adminstrations and domestic deputy such as technical assistant, financial, public relations and advertisement, legal affairs and contracts, marketing and selling, research, design, training, human resources and specialized women commissions, art of Shiraz cradle etc.
Here are some of executive plans of the union from the beginning:
1. Revival of Fars province handicrafts in different fields including angle weaving, Dhrama glass, Rand weaving, Corrugated circum, Estahban pottery and ceramics, Safavid and Zand style ornaments, polychrome tiles of Shiraz cradle, and etching of Shiraz cradle.
2. Reusing the primitive and traditional masters and craftsmen that had abandoned their occupation for a long time, and helping to revive workshops and their activities.
3. Top ranked handicrafts union of Fars province in the country in 1390.
4. Top ranked Entrepreneur and top ranked union by department of cooperatives, labor and social welfare of Fars province through more than 3000 active Co-Ops and unions of Fars province in 1391.
5. Top ranked cooperative union by department of cooperatives, labor and social welfare of Fars province through more than 3000 active Co-Ops and unions of Fars province in 1392.
6. Top ranked cooperative union by department of cooperatives, labor and social welfare of Fars province through more than 3000 active Co-Ops and unions of Fars province in 1393.
7. Top ranked cooperative union by department of cooperatives, labor and social welfare of Fars province through more than 3000 active Co-Ops and unions of Fars province in 1394.
8. Appreciation as top ranked Entrepreneur from Islamic council of Shiraz in 1394.
9. Setting up constant exhibition of handicrafts in Shiraz touristic sites such as Hafeziye, Moshir house, Vakil new bazar, Khajoo Kermani and seasonal exhibitions such as galleries, Pardis Garden of Persepolis, Saadi tomb etc.
10. Running more than 100 domestic and foreign exhibitions all over the country, and international exhibitions with aim of Fars province Cultural Heritage, Handcrafts and Tourism Organization, also department of cooperatives, labor and social welfare of Fars province and Cooperation room of Fars province.
11. Starting these functions in the historical house of Saadat:
• Handicrafts education
• Establishment of productive workshops
• Establishment of handicrafts workshops in order to tourism visitation
• Rivival of abolished handicrafts
12. Celebrate memorable figures and masters Commemoration of handicrafts community in different times of the year.
13. Cooperation in printing and publishing traditional saddle and carpet weaving in Fars.
14. Cooperation in the ceremony of international day of graphic in Shiraz.
15. Cooperation with the Art University of Shiraz and running exhibitions and professional meetings between university professors and market.
16. Research in the fields of province handicrafts and trying to improve their quality
17. Education at the various handicrafts fields with priority of under abolishing fields including:
• Plus weaving
. gem and semi gem
• Dari weaving
Now the union of handicrafts cooperatives of Fars province either supports the artisans in the field of production or prepares a way to sell their products. After passing confirmation process, province craftsmen can sell their products in these 4 following stores:
• Trade No. 1: Vakil Bazaar- Moshir house- right side
• Trade No. 2: Vakil new bazar- left side- Plaque No 3.
• Trade No. 3: Hafez tomb- the left end of the yard
• Trade No. 4: Art gallery Parseh- next right to the door of the mosque-second store
Head office: Shiraz-cinema Saadi 30m st.- Shooride Shirazi 3rd. Alley-left side- second floor of Saderat Bank
Education and training are 2 wings of quantitative and qualitative improvement of handicrafts production; which by the effort of the union of handicrafts cooperatives of Fars province and also utilization of capable masters and skilled researchers aid artisans.
Holding several training courses including etching of Shiraz cradle, engraving gem and semi gems, Kilim(short-napped carpet), Gabbeh weaving and other weavings are good examples of the union achievements; which after passing these courses, interested students can reach craftsman card and would begin to produce the handicrafts in the province that this procedure affects on running home Jobs and soon profitable small workshops.
By utilization of masters and researchers of handicrafts and traditional arts field, research unit of the union, beside documenting some of native handicrafts fields, have studied new improving methods of production level and have modified the quality of some of the handicrafts products including Estahban ceramic.
Printing professional journals of art and cooperation, provided another opportunity to introduce and identify artisans art and province handicrafts.